Hamilton Insurors, Inc., which had been based in Lyndhurst, Ohio, has merged with the Insurance Partners Agency Inc., (IPA) headquartered in Westlake. The new operation, called Hamilton Insurance Partners, creates one of the largest independent insurance agency companies in Ohio.
According to Mr. George Dadas, President of Insurance Partners Agency, "The merger with Hamilton Insurors is an excellent fit with our organization. While Hamilton Insurors has been represented by virtually the same insurance companies as IPA in their local market, we can now provide more than 20 additional insurance companies to their offering, giving the Hamilton agents more choices when comparing rates and coverages for their clients. The merger with IPA will also provide Hamilton clients with additional services and product options in life insurance and employee benefit areas."
Mr. John Hamilton states that Hamilton Insurors brings a strong history to the new merger. "The firm was started in 1936 by Charles Hamilton under the name Hamilton Insurance Agency Inc. In the late 1960s he sold part of his business to his two sons, Robert and Tom Hamilton and they formed Hamilton Insurors, Inc. For many years the two agencies ran as separate but cooperative agencies. John Hamilton, brother of Tom and Bob joined the firm in 1973 and brother-in-law Morrey Nuss joined in 1974."
He adds, "After many years in the East Cleveland/Cleveland Heights area, the agency moved to Lyndhurst in 1980. Hamilton Insurors grew over the years to become one of the 20 largest agencies in the Cleveland area, employing up to 15 people."
Hamilton Insurors has been recognized by their core insurance companies — Westfield, Travelers and Ohio Casualty — with top agency designations. The company has concentrated on personal and commercial lines property and casualty business and also developed a substantial life and health department. Mr. Hamilton explains, "We have written a broad and eclectic range of business with some areas of concentration including home health agencies and franchise recruitment agencies."
With the merger of the companies, the Hamilton Insurors' Lyndhurst office has moved into Insurance Partners five Northeast Ohio regional offices, with locations in Chardon, Mentor, Solon, Westlake, and Elyria.
Insurance Partners Agency is a leading independent insurance agency that specializes in business and personal insurance with 60 employees. IPA is licensed in all 48 contiguous states giving the Hamilton agents and customers enhanced service capabilities outside of Ohio. IPA also has full international insurance service capabilities.
Mr. Dadas points out that with this merger, IPA has added nine quality people to its organization including all the key Hamilton agency principals, Mr. Tom Hamilton, Mr. John Hamilton, Mr. John Swartz, and Mr. Andy Yonek. "We have already promoted two key Hamilton managers to new leadership roles," he says. "Andy Yonek has been promoted to the IPA Commercial Lines Manager, and John Swartz has been promoted to the branch manager of the IPA Chardon office."
HAMILTON INSURANCE PARTNERS AND IPA LOCATIONS
• Chardon - 224 Cherry Ave., Chardon, Ohio 44024
• Mentor - 9930 Johnnycake Ridge Road, Suite #5B, Mentor, OH 44060
• Solon - 6190 Cochran Road, Suite E, Solon, OH 44139
• Westlake - 26865 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145-4042
• Elyria - 507 Broad Street, Elyria, OH 44035
View/download locations map
NEW CONTACT INFORMATION
• Vikki Deets, firstname.lastname@example.org 800-229-5266 ext 108
• Tom Hamilton, email@example.com 800-229-5266 ext 126
• John Hamilton, firstname.lastname@example.org 800-229-5266 ext 117
• Darlene Kirchner, email@example.com 800-229-5266 ext 127
• Sande Lester, firstname.lastname@example.org 800-229-5266 ext 106
• John Swartz, email@example.com 800-229-5266 ext 111
• Nichole Vanjo, firstname.lastname@example.org 800-229-5266 ext 109
• Darlene Voll, email@example.com 800-229-5266 ext 107
• Andy Yonek, firstname.lastname@example.org 800-229-5266 ext 114
Please visit the Insurance Partners Agency website for all the latest news and insurance updates.